Sunday, February 23, 2014

I'm waiting for spring...

I'm not wishing my life away, but I am ready for Spring.  I don't have much to post tonight, just a few selfies and some other stuff...

As you know I spent a week with my sisters in San Diego.  I took selfies there  (it's what I do) and you will notice that I apparently wear this orange blouse all the time.  You see it here in the sunshine of California and you see it here as I wallow in my new shoes that we shipped home...

You see it yet again, as I show you the blue sky that contributed to the melting that finally went on here after the snow...

Sometimes my favorite orange shirt isn't visible....


I'm pretty sure I was wearing it in both of these snowy shots that I took before I was attacked by food poisoning later this snowy evening...

Here's a fun selfie that I took back in California...

In this shot I'm wearing my newest favorite shirt that I got when Peri and I indulged in a bit of retail therapy at a shop called Fairen Del.  It's such an interesting shop and I try to always stop in for something new.

OK, enough about me.  Here are a few shots of some of the cool art pieces that Peri and Peg have in their home.


Here are two really cool sculptures...( I include my hand for size and perspective)

This is a really interesting piece...

She has many other pieces which I will try to show you as the weeks go by. 

Here is a mosiac piece that will certainly catch your eye...

It has several companion pieces...


Peri is like so many of us are, her tastes in art are constantly changing and usually very eclectic.  She, being an artist herself, finds the art of others interesting and motivating.  Sometimes we fall in love with an artist's work because it reminds us of our own style, or perhaps because it is something completely different from what we do.

Whatever the reason is, most of us have favorite styles of art, be it jewelry, dolls, painting or quilts.  Art is in the eye of the beholder and I also love seeing what is out there.

Well,that's it for today.  I'll keep going through the hundreds of photos that I took, in hopes of finding something fun and interesting to show you.

Take care and stay safe and creative.

3 comments:

Peri said...

Nice shots. Good to see the orange shirt again...it has become a friend!
Love the photo at my desk..sneaky you.
I, too, love the fishes...they are glass pieces and not as fragile as they look.
The mosaics are some that Peg bought..she loves mosaics and actually does that .
Hundreds of photos???? Taken in between bouts of retail therapy, right?
Miss you..and the orange shirt.
Temperature here is lovely...as usual.

Tina said...

I like your selfies. I could tour your sister's house like an art gallery! beautiful pieces.
Enjoy your day,
T

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

It's March 6th, 5 degrees and still buried in snow here in Central New York. CRAZY!
I too am ready for spring. Wish I had your orange shirt. Could really use some "sunshine" in these parts.
Love your selfies.
Love all the art! Especially the circus cage. ♥