Saturday, February 15, 2014

Winter storm PAX

Oh My....what a week it's been here.  I fully intended to do lots of posting here showing the progress of the snow and going outside and taking pictures of what I was sure would be about 6-8 inches of snow. I settled in when the snow started about 2:30 p.m., right on schedule.  I sat in the snow/sun room watching it snow and eating everything that I could get my hands on.

Here is the first hour of the storm...

Not too bad a start.  I'm thinking 6-8 inches and it will be an adventure...

Well, my adventure arrived about 10:30 Wednesday night, after Chelsie and her boyfriend walked to my house in what was then 7 inches of snow.  It was cold and her hair was frozen and she was having a blast.  Ahhh, the enthusiasm of a nineteen year old...

The urge to run to the bathroom hit me right as she and Jordan were playing in the snow and fortunately for everyone involved, they didn't stay long.  I began a very long night of being sick (both ways) in the bathroom.  I wont go into the details, obviously, but I was pretty sick.  Short version, it lasted all night and most of the next day, as did the snow.  We ended up with 22 inches. Ugh.

TD called me a couple times the next day offering to bring ginger ale or something, but I really didn't want any company at that time.  Later my next door neighbor showed up with food and ginger ale, I stayed on the couch until bed time and I made it through another night.

Friday I was able to get up and take a shower and blow dry my hair, which is probably why I didn't realize this was going on in the driveway...

The sky was blue and it was about 55 degrees. The snowplows had to concentrate on the main roads, so these guys (TD and son) shoveled both of their own drives and mine and another one of their friend's.  They said to call when the snow plow came through so they could make an opening for me to actually get out of the driveway afterwards, but I'm slow to want to get out anyway. I know those guys must be sore today.

Well, that's my pictorial description of the snow.  I know that I fared a lot better than my friend Karin, who lost control of her jeep and had quite a scare.  Glad she is OK.

Now we have high wind warnings.  I'm so over this, just waiting for everything to get back to normal, whatever and whenever that will be.

Take care and stay safe.

2 comments:

Peri said...

Ah yes...snow! I remember it well..well, actually, not "well" ..more like "why I moved to California!"
Sorry you were ill...maybe you ate something bad while you were watching it snow? I have actually done that...drank the wrong thing while snow-watching..sick, sick. Feel for you!
Get well soon!
If you were still here you would not have been in the snow at all...bright blue, cloudless skies here.
But thanks for the pix! The friends are nice to do all they have done...neighbors too.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oh man! Coming out of both ends? Yikes, you poor thing. You may have caught a cootie of some kind. On the positive side you picked a great day to have to stay indoors and be sick. ;> )
Yep I've survived driving in harsh, central NY winters my whole life without a scratch. Until this last storm. Oh well.
Hope you're feeling better, Peachy. ♥