Sunday, October 26, 2014

I got a new camera...

I cannot remember if I mentioned that my sister-in-law GAVE me her Nikon SLR D7000 when I was in California.  I'm having a blast taking pictures, so here are a few that I'll share with you.

Here is a sweet shot of my house.  Sunshine casting beautiful shadows on the side of the house.

Here is a nice shot of fog hovering along Purgatory mountain. Purgatory is one of the ridges that give Buchanan such beautiful color in the fall.  Sorry I was too early for the leaf color, I was concentrating on the mist...

Shucks, I noticed this morning that my fence is falling.  Another thing that needs to be tended to.  Being a homeowner comes with responsibilities...doesn't it?

I took a close up shot of some fungi growing in the yard and you know what...

even a pile of rocks and wood looks pretty with leaves fluttering around and the sunlight hitting just so...

My neighbors' house looks cheery and inviting with the Halloween decorations they have chosen...

and here is a shot that I took at the hometown cemetery...

I took a close up of a water drop that looks like a dragon's eye...

and a close up of some neat pine-cones that are on one of my neighbor's trees...

my own back yard is finally starting to show some color.


SO with all that being said, Bobby Ritchie and I are going to strut our stuff and just see what we can get into next week.  Hang in there and enjoy the changing seasons.

AND, thanks again Miss Peg for such a nice gift.  You're the best.  Love ya bunches!

1 comment:

Peri said...

Beautiful photos! But...will be bitter cold there soon and just mildly chilly here in Cali! Missing you today! Thanks for the Purgatory shot. Miss Peg says that you are welcome!