Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sigh...between projects.

As my title suggests, I am in between projects right now.  I have a young friend that wants me to do a paint night with her and we are currently trying to find a picture that will be easy, not daunting to a new artist, and yet not juvenile.  I have several projects that I think I want to work on such as twisting some wire trees...

Here is a tiny one that I did, the base is a river rock that is about three inches long. Until I perfect the technique I will continue to work on a small sized trees.

Another thing I want to do is a my version of clay houses.  I have done ceramics before, but I really prefer working in polymer clay and I think I want to do something like these, adapting them to polymer clay.


Actually this seems to be two pics of the same art, but you get what I'm talking about.  I love drawing and painting architecture and I think it would be fun to do a fantasy version of some houses.

When it comes to doing something like this, I know my limits.  I love this next one, done by a Russian artist and I haven't translated the page yet, but I know I am not interested (time or patience-wise) in progressing to this level, but I love to look at it.

So that's just two of the things I have been thinking of art wise.  But on the other hand...

When the weather starts to cool down (I'm still waiting for that here in Roanoke, Virginia) I tend to want to get out my yarn or roving and do a fiber related project.  I have several felting books and the supplies needed to do a funky project, so who knows?

So, until next post, have fun and play with your projects, pets or people. You'll be better for it.

1 comment:

Peri said...

Love the trees...you could do an entire scene! The houses remind me of Gingerbread Houses before the candy goes on...should be easy for polymer clay. Make them tiny..like for gnomes?? Interesting! OR make them out of air dry clay? Actually the fancy looking house wouldn't be that much difficulty...you could do it. I have faith in your abilities! Then there are always baby sweaters....socks, dresses...you know....