Friday, November 21, 2008

Just a quick peek...

Thought you might want to see the finished product. My first knitting project. I am really happy with it. It is wide enough to be worn as a shawl, but soft and flexible enough to wrap like a muffler. Just for fun I chose a model some of you know. (Can you tell that I took this with the self timer... hit the button and then run and plop down in the floor, I think it took about 10 tries, yikes!!)

I had fun making it and I love these warm colors. I usually go with really cool colors because of having blue undertones to my skin. Anyway, here it is, I'm wearing it even if it's not my colors. You remember having your "colors" done back in the 80"s? You had an at home make up party and the lady would hold a warm and then a cool color swatch up next to your face, and all your friends would say, "oh, she's a winter, definitely". Yep, that's me...I'm a Winter.

Ahh, those were the days. At home parties...Mary Kaye, Tupperware, Home Interiors, Crystal...the list goes on, I'm sure. I was a home body even back then, I didn't go out much, but I would do home parties. I would make a cake in the colors of the logo of the company and do other little silly things, but we had fun (I came from a very small town and this was considered entertainment). That's probably why I like on-line virtual parties, never have to leave the house.

I am thinking of doing another rag wreath, in perhaps red and green cloth, and posting step-by-step pictures. Let me know what you would want me to include. I really want to do a video and post it on youtube, but I'm not that skilled with the video camera yet. Maybe after the first of the year. Any who, that's what I'm thinking of for the next post. What are y'all's thoughts on it?

9 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

It's so pretty! And I'm a winter too!

Suzie said...

It looks great good for you

kathyj333 said...

I would love it if you put step-by-step instructions for creating crafts.

Anonymous said...

Love the scarf. I would appreciate step by step directions for the rag wreath.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Will you make me one?;)
It's getting mighty cold here!

Kims Art said...

The scarf is wonderful! I think the picture turned out great, I can't believe you took it yourself! I have also been in the ragbag, it's always so much fun!

FAQ said...

Oh...you look so pretty in your wrap. I see so much knitting, and I want to try but only the loom types interest me right now. You look beautiful girl. I laughed about the timer and the self photo. I have done that many a time. Hugs.!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I think you did a fantastic job.

Thanks so much for stopping by Hankering for Yarn...we're opposites. Crochet scares me--it seems there are so many different stitches to learn! Maybe you can get more comfortable with knitting while I try to master crochet :-)

Anonymous said...

Is there anything you can't do...?

Good color choices. But it's not pink!

:)