Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Brrr..It's cold here

Yikes, it's cold in The Old Dominion today. When I got up it was 21 degrees, and yes, that is cold for us. It has been so mild, for so long that I guess I wasn't prepared for a cold snap. I like the cold though, I love staying in and drinking a warm cup of coffee and having peanut butter on raisin bread to go with it.



I took the advise of my friend, (who really knows her stuff) and have been working on more than one project at a time. It is actually working quite well. Thanks, Jean. Here is one of the pieces that I have been working on. Since Feb. 14th is right around the corner, I couldn't keep these wild pink hearts from flying into the picture. It's done in COPIC markers on 7" x 10" 140# Cold Press Aquarelle. I think it is a fun piece, but I don't know what to do with it. I, of course, have time to make note cards from it, but I am also thinking about maybe putting it on e-Bay. I have never tried to sell any of my work... you know all the reasons, (blah, blah, blah) so we won't go there, but I am wondering if this would be a good piece to start with.

OK then, if I finish anything else today, I will surely let you know. We'll talk soon. Take Care.

3 comments:

Kims Art said...

Lt would be a good time to put that piece up on Ebay. I am getting ready to put a few things up myself. It is hard to put yourself out there. Remember we do what we do, because we love it. I believe all Art has a owner, we just put it out there so the owner can find it. Kim

lklight said...

Thanks so much for your comment.
Love your blog, I subscribed to it right away.
Happy new year!

FAQ said...

I like this piece so much. It is bright and cheery and looks like a bunch of girlfriends having fun. Tell me more about Copic markers...the colors are bold.