"Do you think I can strip this wallpaper?"
This is how the conversation started, so DH very easily picked off a little piece of our bathroom wallpaper and I decided that I could strip the paper. I went online and found out what I needed to do and I did it! The paper came of like a dream. I then soaked the paper backing and it came off like you wouldn't believe. Then I cleaned the glue remnants from the wall and now it is ready to prime and paint. In fact, that's just what DH is doing, now that he has replaced the exhaust fan, the vanity lights, the mirror, put in one of the two new wall cabinets. Oh, yes, he is also priming and painting the vanity cabinet. Man, he is something else.
This what he did last week.
I told you he was in the zone and wanted to stay busy! That's his hand to the left of this shot, brushing on deck sealant. I did let him take a break and go play music this past weekend, so I hope I'm not too much of a tyrant!
While he was playing music, I went to my meeting of the Altered Artists and we learned to solder. I had tried several times in the past and thought I was doing something wrong because I wasn't that pleased with the results. I know now, that I was doing it correctly, it just takes time and practice and you have to treat your soldering tip with care. I have been using an old soldering iron that hubs had and boy was it contrary. I decided to try soldering with my wood burning tool and am having much better luck. Here is a shot of my work table, yikes...I know your table doesn't look like this.
Well, that's it for now. I hope to be back soon with more pictures of the "new" bathroom. Till then, take care and keep doing your art!