Wednesday, August 27, 2008

He's doing well...

To all my sweet friends, I say thanks for the well wishes you sent to my hubby. His procedure is over and he is resting quietly, sleeping off the rest of the medication. It rained like crazy, but I got us there and back.

I need to use this time to clean up my computer some, but before I start that lengthy endeavor, here is a picture of the latest experiment with alcohol inks. I have made a lot of practice beads over the years and they are great for continued play with my alcohol ink markers.

This flower was made originally as a novelty bead, but the colors I had chosen were garish instead of cute, so she had been banished for several years. I did the "color and spray" technique and then used a sealer for a bit of gloss. Not as exciting as the leaf beads, but it did let me see how a sculpted bead reacts to this technique.

I am pleased enough with this to incorporate it into a necklace, so you can't ask for much more than that. It looks almost like a glass bead, and I am going to do the same technique on some accent beads to continue the theme.

This really is a fun technique. I don't have many liquid alcohol inks at my disposal, as some of the scrappers do, but I find the markers give me the control that I like, anyway. There are lots of ways to manipulate alcohol inks, like blowing thru a straw and others, that I may try later. Who knows what we might get into in the name of art.

Well, that's all for now. Take care and thanks again for thinking of my Dear Hubby. We'll talk soon.

1 comment:

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

Hi there, so glad your hubby is doing okay. I love the new bead, the colors are just in time for fall. And I loved your definition of insanity so funny! It made me LOL!!!Hugs***Renea