Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hope you are having a good weekend...

Truly, I do hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have still been making polymer clay things this weekend. Here are several of the latest...

I based this picture on a photo I took in my back yard...outlined with a gold leaf paint pen and ready to frame.


After doing all that tiny work, I wanted something more "mindless", so some swirly barrettes seemed to be in order.


One of the things I missed about having short hair, was ornaments. I love barrettes and combs and clips of all kinds. I am letting my hair grow out for this very reason, and it's already long enough for clips. Polymer works quite well for hair barrettes. The findings are usually in with regular jewelery findings. If you haven't tried these yet, go for it!

Then, we have some focal pieces, made from scrap canes...

I suppose you can tell by now that I love to put dots on things. Right now I'm into gold ink and gold leaf pen dots. It just seems to add a bit of punch to things. One of these has a pin back and the other one has a loop for a cord.


Lastly in today's pics, I am including what I hope will be cute bookmarks. A bit of yarn through the hole and these should make for little bits of art that my favorite book lovers will enjoy. What do you give to your sister for Christmas? Original works of art. She will be receiving a large box of artwork this year.



Well, that's all for now. Let's go see what we can get into. Take care, hug your family and tell them how much you love them. Now, let's go make art!

6 comments:

Christine LeFever said...

I can see why you're so happy! You make happy things and such a delight they are.

Christine

suze said...

You are having so much fun with this clay. Have you ever tried the silver clay? I have it but haven't ventured into it yet.

Suzie said...

Wow those are great

Fran said...

What FUN you are having with the polymer clay. I go to a clay class once a month. Love learning all techniques.
I enjoy looking at all your new art work in clay.

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~I love that ~focal piece made w/ scrap clay~ the one that looks like a red flower wreath.~
Very pretty~
~Amy~

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What gorgeous things!
Awesome!