Sunday, December 28, 2008

A few scribbles

I can't seem to find anything noteworthy or interesting to say, so I will show you these silly little drawings that I did over the holidays.

This one, I'm calling Rafters, was inspired by a scene out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, where Charlie is looking out a hole in his floor.


This one is just a scribble, doodle type drawing that I like to do to try to think outside the box.

I like to try to draw perspective type things, things that look real, then perhaps on a second glance, don't really make any sense. I love to draw gears and holes and shelves...that type of thing. Who knows what might appear. You might notice that I love mouse holes and always try to include one in this type of drawing.

I'm not sure if I will post before the new year, if not I hope you all have a safe and happy one... but now that I think about it, that seems so far away, I probably won't be able to wait that long. Take care and check back when you can.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi:
You are beautiful!!! I love your hair. I cried watching the Barbara Lee video. She is beautiful too.
It gave me thoughts of growing up in the 50's. I am almost 60. I have sister's in their late 70's early 80's.
Christmas is Christ's birthday; the commercial aspect sucks. You are not whiny!!!
Peace & much happiness in this coming New Year.
carole

Kims Art said...

Those are grrrrreat! I really love the second one, but I am drawn to things like that. Just about the time you think you have taken it all in, your eye catches something else and you stay longer caught up in all the detail.

Anonymous said...

You drawings are cool, very whimsical. So sweet. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Very cool Susan! I love it that you add the mouse holes in almost every drawing... will make sure to keep and eye out for them from now on! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

angela recada said...

I love your doodles and scribbles!

Happy New Year!
Angela

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~Hi Susan~
I love these little drawings~
The colors are so different, from anything I have seen out there~

~Thanks for dropping by~
Happy New Years darling~
:)
~Amy~

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a positively wonderful holiday!
I really love your scribbles, sometimes those "flow-of-consciousness" things are just the best aren't they? The second one reminds me a lot of the "Yellow Submarine" style of art. It's refreshing to find new angles and colors.......HAPPY NEW YEAR!