Friday, June 19, 2009

Check out this contest

I've been so busy working on projects that I almost forgot to mention the contest that Artbeads.com is sponsoring. It is called Use the Muse. It is a beading design contest where you order a kit that contains the same assortment of beads and such as everyone who enters. There is a mystery muse component that you must keep secret until the "Big Reveal". Then everyone gets to see what the muse is and shots of what the others did with their kit.

I'm not going to have time to participate, but I thought some of you might like to know that this is happening. Once again, I'm sorry for not posting it sooner, but you know how it is sometimes. Here is what the folks at Artbeads say...

The contest was created by Scarlett Lanson who has a regular column in Beadwork magazine and has won some prestigious contests herself. She placed first in the 2009 KGI Wordwide Design Contest and fourth place in the 2007 Swarovski “Create Your Style” competition. Scarlett’s goal was to create a competition for all types of beaders; stringers, bead weavers, and embroiderers, that had a shortened timeline and a big payoff. There are some very nice prizes including prizes for first through third place and ten category prizes. The cost for the entry kit is a very reasonable $30 plus $5 for shipping in the US and $10 for international entrants.

One important thing to note is that there are a limited number of kits available and they will likely be gone before the order deadline of June 27. So, if this sounds like something you would like to do please keep this in mind. Plus, the sooner you sign up, the more time you will have to work on your design before the July 18th entry deadline.

To learn more and check out what happened in the first Use the Muse II contest, visit Scarlett’s blog here:

http://www.thebeadersmuse.com/use-the-muse-contest2/




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm back! :) The bead contest sounds fun but I think I'm going to pass as I still have other obligations to take care of. For example, the beads I wanted to buy from you. I know it's been weeks and weeks since I said I wanted them. I will shoot you an email when I send the m.o. Sorry for the delay. As for the dragons I'm not partial to dragons but yours are so cool! YOu've done a great job.