Monday, October 5, 2009

You call that art?

This first piece just came from some emotions I was experiencing this weekend. It relates to an issue that we are currently dealing with. Mostly one that my hubby is dealing with, but when you wrong my DH you wrong me, whether you know it or not. Enough about that, here's the picture that came about from my silent musings.

After a lovely weekend with my hubby which included eating vegetable soup and watching great black and white movies, I was able to smooth out some and create a bit of seasonal art. This was based on a photo I took last year of our backyard. I'm not sure if it is completed yet. Sometimes I just have to prop a piece of art up and walk by and look at it for a while. If it pleases me, I start to ignore it. If not, eventually I will decide what I else I think it needs and go for it. Until then here it is...

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I hope you did the things you enjoy and kept the company of the ones you love best. Have a great week, take a deep breath and relax.

8 comments:

angela recada said...

Wow! That first piece is powerful. I hope it helped you deal with whatever was bothering you. You and you husband seem like a wonderful, formidable team.

I like the painting of the trees! Love the fall colors.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I love the first piece and the writings all over it. The fall pic is just beautifully colored.

Have a terrific Monday filled with calmness and blessings!!!

Marie S said...

A very lovely way to release emotion!!
Have a great week!

Tina said...

Of Course it's art. It's born out of emotion and that's beautiful. Sometimes creating is the best therapy for me.
Be blessed my dear
T

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Sometimes it feels better to let it all out through art! It is very therapeutic. :> )
~Peanut

Mariana Soffer said...

In the past artist or artisans used to have almost the lowest social status.Nowadays famous artists (which are not necessarily good artists) are admired and venerated by some parts of society.

Current opinions of what art is differ among themselves more than historical ones.
Here are some interesting examples:
-Art is an expression of our culture and the time in which we live - and `great' art has the potential to transcend cultural boundaries.
- Art is the rubric of human consciousness.
- Art is creativity without strategy.

Sea Gypsy said...

In the first piece I see the spiritual side of you so to me it is really really great! I love stuff like this! I love them both! That artist block will go away soon enough. Sometimes I think it is our minds way of taking a rest, because it is not a lack of having something to do. We have enough to keep us busy till we kick the bucket.lol Enjoy your block time you deserve it!!

Kristen H said...

The first piece, I feel anger and I hope making the piece worked out your issues. I feel the same way though, like my DH is an extension of myself, I a wrong to him is something I take very personally.
I love the trees piece. It is gorgeous. It has such a depth that I can reach in and feel around in your piece. I could start off and walk right in it. LOVE it.