Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This and That

I'm still in the midst of spring cleaning, so I really don't have any art to post. I did make a loomed bracelet on a child's craft loom to get back in practice. I have a large beading loom, designed by Don Pierce, that I am planning a project on, which will be fun I'm sure. If you are not familiar with beading on a loom, check out his web page.

I am always seeing fun things out in the yard. I have several squirrel nests high up in my trees...

If their nests become flea or insect infested, they abandon them.


My neighbor has feeders. I'm not sure if this is a bird feeder or a squirrel feeder, but the hubby was able to get a quick shot, through the screen and quite a distance away, but you can see the determination in this little fellow.


What a hoot!

Look carefully and you can see him stretched out between the feeder and the tree that he is literally hanging onto my a claw. Funny.

As some of you may know, the Cardinal is the state bird of Virginia. There is a good reason for that. I saw this little guy fly by today and was able to snap a quick shot of him.

Isn't he gorgeous?

Several weeks ago I mentioned that I'm not a practical joker. I have one favorite joke that I pull on my hubby. Whenever I'm letting the length of my hair grow, I always get a little fake hair scrunchie and wrap it around my short little pony tail to mask the growing out process.

My trick on the hubby is to come running out of the bathroom with the fake hair in my hand and act like a big glob of my hair has come out. I know this is not really very funny and the last time I did it to him, we were on vacation in California and it just about scared him to death.

While doing my reorganizing, I came across my "partner in crime",

Looks like Ric Flair hair!


and thought I would show her to you before she is retired to a life as a doll wig.

Well, that's all from me today. If I get some art or jewelry finished, I'll be sure and share. Until then, enjoy your week, give someone a hug today and tell them it's from Susan.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are on a mission! Go girlfriend!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

That little bandit is eatin' from a bird feeder. Squirrels are tricky like that.

I laughed that you can scare your hubby with your hairpiece. Heehehehe!

God bless and have the best day sweetie!!!

Tricia said...

we are spring cleaning here too! :)
would love to learn how to weave on a loom. it's on my to-do-someday list. can't wait to see what you make with your loom.
xoxo

Peri said...

Enjoy that loom! My beading loom is still in the packing carton! But I am working on getting the standard floor loom "up and running". I am jealous --I miss cardinals and squirrels...in California all I have seen is flat little ground dwelling squirrels --not one in a tree anywhere! Go Rocky Go!

BlueRidgeLady said...

You are so funny, I can see you freaking out about the lost hair! Priceless! The Cardinal was so vibrant!!! Great capture!

suze said...

I am missing art too with all this spring cleaning. When we lived back in MD we had baby squirrels that would hang off the hummer feeders....they were so cute.
I have been weeding out my hairpieces now that my hair is getting grayer :~(