Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Friday!

Hope everyone is gearing up for a fun weekend.  Since I didn't want to see that same artwork all weekend, I thought I would post this recent practice piece...



Looks like water is a recurring theme in my work. I got a bit wonky on the head of this bird, and it looks like those bird creatures in the cartoons. I was trying to make it's feathers stand out a bit, but he does look a bit furry, doesn't he? 

Anyway, that's what's on my easel this week. Perhaps I will change things up a bit next week.  I have been taking lots of reference photos of the trees around my house.  I really like to draw and paint trees. Who knows, maybe I'll try my hand at some wildlife next time.

In the mean time, have a great weekend, get ready for Thanksgiving and try not to over indulge.

7 comments:

Nezzy said...

Wonky...heeehehhe...I learned a new word today! :o)

I love the shadowed painting and personally do not think the crane's (storks) head looks one bit wonky!

Ya'll have a beautifully blessed weekend sweetie!

Thanksgiving...we have 35-38 comin' to the Ponderosa.

Crafty Gal Linda said...

I like seeing what you are working on. :)

Peri said...

I like the picture! The bird looks less furry than it does ruffled. I think it must have ruffled its feathers a couple of times while hunting at the pond..when it tucks its head to go to sleep all will settle down. I like the shadowy feel a lot. Bravo.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Man Susan, your art gets more wonderful by the week! I can't wait to see your wildlife pieces!!
~Peanut

BlueRidgeLady said...

Your art has really been amazing lately! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Shoken Holz-Maia said...

You are getting better and better! I so enjoy watching your progress:))

日月神教-任我行 said...

AV a片 A漫 h漫 AV女優 成人 情色 色情 聊天室 SEX ut聊天室 AV 色情 a片 A漫 h漫 AV女優 聊天室 情色 成人 SEX ut聊天室 AV 色情 a片 A漫 h漫 AV女優 SEX 聊天室 成人 情色 ut聊天室 AV 色情 a片 A漫 h漫 AV女優 SEX 成人 情色 聊天室 ut聊天室 AV a片 A漫 h漫 AV女優 SEX 成人 聊天室 情色 色情 ut聊天室