Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's up with you?

As some of you already know, I take art by spurts.  I spent the entire summer painting and having a blast.  I still have several paintings I want to do as Christmas presents, but I have reached that time when I put up my paints and let things simmer for a while.

In my last post I may have mentioned that I am trying very hard to "get into shape".  At this stage of the game ( umm, age 57) I'm not sure what that shape will be, but I do want to be flexible, have endurance and a healthy cardio system.  So I've been hitting the gym lately and am actually liking it and looking forward to my next visit.  The Zumba Gold class was pretty intense, but got progressively easier with each class.  This week I am going to attempt to add something called "hooper-cise" into the routine, so I'll be sure to keep you posted on that.  My swimming lessons were successful, but with cooler weather here, I'm not too hep on getting in the pool.  Maybe a water aerobics class here and there, but I'm not sure.

What does one post when you no longer have kitties doing crazy things, and your jewelry making has been on hold for months and your artist's muse is on vacation?  Let me go to my archives and see what I can come up with.  I'm sure I must have some pictures that could be revisited...

How about revisiting my old halloween costumes?   You may have noticed my new profile picture.  The last year I worked I was a mime, so I am using that for my ID shot for a while.  One of my favorite costumes, (which my sister said didn't look like a costume at all) was the year I dressed up as Mommy Dearest and carried a wire coat hanger.  So just for grins and giggles, here I am as Joan Crawford.  Enjoy!


Yep, it's me with heavily drawn eyebrows and bright orange lipstick with lots of rouge on my Mean Mom cheeks.

On a sad note, I just wanted to mention that my sister told me that one of her friends took his own life last week.  He was a lovely young man and one of the first folks she met when they moved to California.   Due to his brief appearance on the Batchelorette, his untimely death by his own hand, is now world wide news.  This makes it even sadder, in my opinion, that the grief over this loss has to be so public for his family.  There is, of course, always more to the story when a death like this takes place, things that I won't go into here, but I offer condolences and I do pray that he will be remembered for the nice guy that he was. Julien you will be missed by those who loved you.

So that's it for now. I hope everyone had a good weekend and is preparing to be healthy, creative and happy next week. Remember to tell your loved ones how much you care and give them a big hug.

7 comments:

June said...

I didn't see the hanger right away....I thought: Elizabeth Taylor...! :-p

Susan said...

June, how funny. It just so happens that my hubby and I went to a party one year dressed as Liz Taylor and Groucho Marx.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

You made a fabulous Joan...coat hanger and all.

I applaud you for the great shape up girl. I'm 58 and do cardio and yoga too. I'm goin' down fightin!! Heeehehe!

My heart and prayers go out to this young mans family...what a horrific tragedy .

God bless and have a super day sweetie!!!

Peri said...

Zumba, hooper-cise, swimming....exercise is the new hobby, I see. Well it is a very good idea actually. Sadly, I have more desire for the hobbies that require I sit for long periods rather than move!!
As for the costume...love it, but it still just looks like you, dear! Or like you then...now you are much cuter!!
By the way, your writing is getting better and better --when is the book going to start? It would be fun to do one, yes??
Just a thought....you could write about Zumba and swimming classes and hoopercise..and sell it! I would buy a copy for certain.
By the by, thanks for the kind comments about Julien .

Kelly said...

Susan thank you so much for visiting my blog! I have to tell you that I laughed out loud when I saw your Joan Crawford costume! totally spot on:)

vivian said...

AWESOME costume! You look just like her! did everyone know who you were?
have agreat night
vivian

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Susan! Fabulous costume! You surely look like Mommy dearest to me. :)