Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just a quick post

Hey, it's me again.  Just a quick post to say hello and to let you know that I'm OK.  Life is moving on, I'm taking care of the things I need to do.  I'm trying to stay creative, remembering to feed myself and going to the rec center when I feel like it.

Yesterday, I got a box cake mix from the store and fixed it.  It is a pound cake mix and surprisingly it was pretty good.  I didn't want to get out all the ingredients to make something from scratch and this caught my eye on the shelf at Food Lion.

I made a glaze from lemon juice and powered sugar and drizzled over it and it's not bad.

I went to the gym this morning and participated in a group exercise class that is mostly folks my age.  It is called Back in Shape, and since I hadn't been to this particular class for several months (more like six), the exercises seemed a bit hard.  It  originally was an exercise class for those that wanted to strengthen their back and core, but over the past year the instructor has "sneaked" in some movements that are a bit more challenging.  There is warm up, stretching and cool down so it really is a pretty good class.  I think I'll continue to go.

After class I needed to run to Target to get a few things and while I was there I saw this pea coat on a sale rack.  Originally $50.00 on sale for $15.00, I couldn't pass it up.  I took the picture before steaming the wrinkles out, but you get the idea...

The color looked good with my hair and while it's a bit shorter than I would normally buy, I'm trying to step outside my little box a bit.

Well, that's it for me today.  Hopefully when I come back I'll have something a bit more interesting.  Till then, stay safe and always stay creative!


5 comments:

Peri said...

Wow. Bargain coat. Why do I never find such things?
As for the exercise, I would need a class called Getting in Shape to go to getting Back in Shape!
Love the cake. Going to go to the store and buy a mix and do the same thing. Thanks for the idea!!
Later,
Peri

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

LOVE the coat and for 15 bucks?! That's a no brainer.
Thanks for the visual. Now I want pound cake. A Good thing I'm hitting the grocery store today.
:> )

Sea Gypsy said...

Great Deal! I ordered a coat this morning online. I paid more than I wanted to, but I can justify the cost since I have not purchased one in fifteen years.
That cake really does look good!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes Target just has some really great deals! Great looking peacoat your bought!!

Tanya Breese said...

wow, that is a great deal on the coat! i love when i find deals like that! you're dessert looks yummy too! i'm your newest follower from botetourt! nice to meet local bloggers :)