Saturday, January 5, 2013

Not everything has changed...

I mentioned on my Facebook status this morning that I'm gaining comfort in ways that are surprising to me.  The warmth of the hairdryer (as I dried this massive mane of hair this morning) was the same as always, and I was comforted by that.  The taste of the honey on the spoon as I made my hot tea this morning...it was the exact same taste as before.  Little things like that serve as a subtle reminder that not everything has changed.  My husband died, that is what changed.  The things that he took care of while running the house they will remain the same, that has not changed.   Right now, for today, thinking about things that haven't changed will help me a lot.

You may already know that twice a year, for birthday and Christmas, Timbo would make a polymer clay sculpture for our sister-in-law in California.  This came as a surprised to folks that knew him.  He had a very artistic side to him.  Not only in being a musician and singer, as seen on his YouTube channel, but also being a carpenter and furniture builder. Nobody expected him to make cute little figurines.

Here he is with the last little bear that he so, lovingly made and remade, until it was just so.

Here is the close up version of Little Bear...


He was so proud of the finished product. I was proud of him.  He did wait until the last minute to make it, as he did sometimes.  Make it he did and got it shipped out in time for Christmas.  Peg just loved it when she got it and he was so happy about that, I just can't tell you how happy he was. 

Well, that's it for today.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  Thanks so much for listening.


4 comments:

Tina said...

that lil bear is so cute. He was an artist. I'm glad to hear you have the ability to find comfort. many who've experienced loss like this do not. I pray tomorrow brings more comfort, peace, smiles, and rest. Hugs, T

Peri said...

This little bear also has a Momma Bear and a Papa Bear made by Tim. I will try to get photos for you but I promise nothing..I am not so good with that sort of thing. But it is such fun to know that the Bear family is complete and happy.
I will try for a family portrait. Also there is another one...in a yellow rain slicker. Tim had hidden talents!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

What an awesome bear. There is something very special about a handmade gift. Peri will cherish them forever. ♥
You are an amazingly strong woman, Peachy. I know you will be fine. But I'll continue to lift you up in prayer. ♥
Love,
~Peanut

Unknown said...

What a great little bear-it would be cute to see the whole bear family. Tim was sure a creative soul in so many ways. He probably has joined my Dad's band in heaven.