Sunday, December 28, 2014

What I did the rest of the year...

Since the new year is rapidly approaching, I thought this would be a good title.  Even if it is not, here are a few things that I'm sharing with you. As you all know I have spent the past year or so remodeling my home.  Timbo and I had done so much to the house with the carpet being one my favorite things.

After our last kitty had died, Timbo and I decided it was time for new carpet.  I had always wanted a light color carpet and we found just what we wanted.  He worked very hard getting ready for the new carpet and we loved it.  Right after he died, I took up all the rugs and carpet remnants that he had used to keep the high traffic areas from turning black, got new furniture, had all the dark trim painted white and was quite pleased.

Before

After about sixteen months, I realized that the carpet was extremely dingy in the entry way and no amount of steam cleaning was taking care of it.  I asked our friend TD what to do about it and he suggested hardwood.  I'm not a big fan of hardwood floors through out, so I came up with the idea of replacing the carpet AND adding wood flooring for the high traffic area...Taa Daa!!!


After

I never did like the half wall in the hall and hubby and I were taking it down gradually.  He took the spindles off years ago and painted the top white, but we just never got around to removing the rest of the wall and basically used it as a catch all/room divider.  It was also the main reason that the rescue squad had to take Timbo out the window in the office when he had his heart attack, but I digress. I was ready for it to be g.o.n.e.

The whole process only took eight days and my guys tried to make it as stress free as possible, but still having all my furniture jammed into my studio for a week was a bit disconcerting.


The noise and dust that were byproducts of the remodel were a hassle, but they tried to clean and dust everything as they put it back.

All in all, I would have to say it was extremely successful and now the only rooms left to do are the bathrooms.  Who knows maybe I'll do them in 2015.

One thing I am going to try to do is write more.  Blog more and work on my novel which is tentatively titled "Lammy's World".  Hopefully there will be lots of art going on and jewelry being made and books being read.  Looks like it will be a year full of hope and happiness.  That's my plan...how about you?

Well, until next time, take care and remember to have fun and love as much as you can.  It's easier than you think.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!