Monday, March 7, 2016

poor pitiful me...

Well, it's me again crying and whining because I have a cold.

I had the pleasure of visiting my sister two weeks ago and I had a thoroughly good time. I love hanging out at my sisters' guest house, but this time I was invited again to stay at another friend's house and I decided to do it.

This friend happens to be a guy and he is really a good friend and we laughed most of the time I stayed there.  I felt really comfortable while there. There was one morning I wasn't sure about an aroma I noticed, but I figured out it was his dogs. They have no shame and never warned me at all when they were going to be flatulent.  Didn't they know I was a guest? How dare they. Humph.

I stayed in a part of San Diego that I'm not usually in and wasn't quite as intimidated by the drivers this time. I think I might be able to handle the traffic in this part of the county. I  normally don't drive when I go to visit my sister, but I'm getting braver, so next time...who knows?

Sister and I hung out with friends...


We picked fruit...


We shopped...


We went to the beach and took photos to paint and draw from...



The waves were beautiful that day...

She even indulged me and took me to Poway to take a picture of the funeral home that was the setting for a reality show some years ago.

Anyone remember the show Family Plots? Well, of all the things I wanted to see, that was one of them...



We had fun together, as we always do. I needed a break from the snow and cold weather that we have had here on the East Coast. I even extended my stay when the return flight I was on was cancelled before we even got off the ground due to a cracked windshield.  Finally got home, the only bad part about it was that my seat mate coughed and sniffed the entire flight home and so I'm blaming him for my cold. I got a sinus infection on the last trip out...perhaps I need to boost my immune system if I'm going to be traveling.

Weather is warming up here at home now and I'm much more likely to get back in the artist groove.  Sister is sending me a care package that has new pastels in it and I've ordered some new art equipment, so hopefully new and interesting art is in my future.  I'll keep you posted.

Take care and remember that art...it's just a walk in the park.

No comments: