Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Reveal

For those of you who haven't already figured it out...Faux Candles!!!

After putting on two layers of texture paste, in an icing type fashion, I let them dry overnight. I made tops and bottoms from polymer clay (pearlized white) baked them (the texture paste was not compromised in any way) and poked a hold in the tops and glued in a piece of cord to look like a wick. They look so good up close, this picture just doesn't do it justice.

Hubs and I are off to run around some, I will post the steps to making these darling candle rings when I return. I used the same method I used on my rag wreath, just on a smaller scale.

That's all for now, be back later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first guess was candles...they turned out yummy, delicious looking, like a cake...my mouth is watering...mmmm, gesso...

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH they are adorable. Love them. Great job Susan!

Anonymous said...

Very very cute!