Friday, November 9, 2007

Dream Coaster

I am not one to have phobias, but there are several things I am not too fond of. The main ones are roller coasters, as I am afraid of heights, and large bodies of water-because I am not a strong swimmer. Therefore, when I dream, it is usually involving roller coasters over water, or something equally weird. As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to capture the essence of some of these dreams. This particular dream involved the roller coaster being attached to the fronts of sky scrapers. I sketched this in pen, added some watercolor and laid down several layers of beeswax, for a more dream-like appearance. I also added some flat backed "jewels" for a carnival type look. This still doesn't capture the bizarreness of the dream, but it does give you the general idea.


In regards to another project, I have a roll of artist's canvas that I am going to be working with soon. It has been so long since I stretched a canvas, I am out of practice. I am also out of staples for the gun I am used to using, and I am just not strong enough to use the one my hubby has, so I see a trip to the hardware store in my future. In the meantime, I will be surfing the net and other blogs to come up with alternative uses for canvas. Let me know of any sites you are fond of regarding this. Thanks, and we'll talk soon.

No comments: