Sunday, November 4, 2007

I love Sunday

I have always loved Sundays. Whether it was watching ballgames with my Mom when I was younger, or getting things ready for another week at work, when I was still in the rat race. I feel that Sunday is like a new beginning- each week. To try to do things a little differently, or to do something again that worked really well. I like to cook and I love to go to the grocery store on Sunday and come home and cook. I have two pots of soup simmering, as we speak. One pot is vegetable beef, made with nice chunks of boneless spare ribs with everything I could think of tossed in. Baby carrots, celery, tomatoes, corn, green beans, potatoes, onions and a goodly shake of seasoned salt. The other pot is homemade chicken noodle, because we seem a little sniffly. Put them on to simmer and have for supper tonight with some flaky croissants and a glass of iced tea. What a great way to start off the week.




Here is a little primitive style pillow, stuffed with love, that I made DH for his recent birthday. (the BIG one) He loved it and his handmade card. I used cinnamon to distress it, so it smells really nice. You can always find something to create with at our house. Right now Hubby is downstairs cutting out words and pictures to make a cartoon for his upcoming public access show. We thought we were ready to submit it, but we came up two minutes short. Imagine my surprise when I saw him cutting out images and words to use. When he asked to go through my stash, I knew I had a convert. Who knows what this will lead to . Way to go Hubby!

2 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Your soup sounds delicious! Wish we could bop over for a bowl and to see the progress on DH's project!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Susan said...

Thanks, soup yummy. Hopefully, we will soon be posting snippets of his project, and we can all watch! YAY.