Sunday, November 25, 2007

What a weekend...

What a tiring weekend, my husband has been so great- going back and forth (50 miles round trip) to my uncle's house with me and sorting through 40-50 years worth of stuff. This man saved everything that you are "supposed" to save. All his files, bank statements, tax info, Sunday School lessons, every typed sheet for every talk he ever gave for the Lions Club, all the things we are told to keep. Listen up folks, when you are reminded to keep important papers, you don't need keep them forever. This is just too much. Please keep this in mind and for the sake of the people that you love, try to scale it down some. That's what we are going to do.

I was outside this evening and I thought I heard rain. When I listened closely, I realized it was not rain, but the trees that just don't want to let go of their remaining leaves. Each time the breezes blew through the trees, they shook those stubborn little leaves and it was such a sweet sound. It sounded like they were applauding. I like to think they are showing their gratitude to God for the beautiful world he has given us, and thanking Him for allowing them to be a part of it. I know that's what I would do if I were blessed enough to be a tree.

Well, it's off to watch a little television, see what holiday shows are on and psyche myself up for tomorrow's trip to "The House". Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

kari and kijsa said...

What a beautiful post about the trees this time of year- says it all perfectly! Have a wonderful TV evening!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa