Thursday, December 27, 2007

Need New Earrings ?


If you are in a jam and it's New Year's Eve and you don't have any festive baubles, grab the scrap paper, some glitter and your scissors. I made these years ago when I had access to paper samples at the print shop. These are made from Brite Hue paper that I snipped, curled, glued and glittered. The picture doesn't do them justice. They are really snazzy, but you get the idea. It would work on any number of occasions, but I can almost hear that "countdown" whenever I see them.

What do you folks do in a pinch, when you need quick jewelry? Post some shots and show us your ideas.

Well, it's off to read and have some tea. We'll talk soon. Ta, Ta.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Susan! I'm finally back to my regular blog reading and am so glad to come catch up with you! LOVE your cute glasses...you are adorable! I just loved seeing your new projects...your paintings look fabulous and the earrings are super fun and totally remind me of some I had in the 80's. I always wished I still had them and now I can just make some! :) Whenever I'm in a pinch...I always grab my vintage rhinestone brooch. It always makes me feel like Audrey Hepburn!!

Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative, art filled New Year!! xoxoxox...jenn

Becky said...

Thanks for stopping by Susan. I agree, art it an expression, so there is no wrong answer. It can't be wrong, its art. Yours is lovely. Glad you stopped.

Smiles,
Becky

Tricia Scott said...

hi susan!
wishing you a happy new year! the earrings are really fun---i am so happy you started this blog-i have really enjoyed each and every post!