Monday, January 14, 2008

New Girl In Town...



Hello all, I thought I would post a couple of quick photos of the new girl I have been working on. She started out in one of my "art journals" ( I don't actually journal anything in them, I just draw) and she has also shown up on this 8 x 10 canvas board. For some reason things keep circling her, I don't know if they are her thoughts or just little "thingies" that want to be near her.


Initially, I glued down some vintage clippings , glazed over them, then I hand-painted her and added some "painted" circles. I use a plastic tube that beads come in, as the tool for the circles, so I guess they are not actually painted.

I have mixed emotions when it comes to using my vintage materials. I really do like the look of using the actual piece, as opposed to using a copy of it, but I am such a "keeper of things" that I still hesitate to use any of my specially collected pieces. Now, know I collect these items specifically to use on my art, but still ... Oh, I know I am not the only one that feels like this. Anyway, enough of that.

Well, lots to do today, so I'd better wrap this up. I need to clean up my work area and try to capture the idea I have for The Year of the Rat challenge. Don't forget to post your completed piece on My Pink Turtle's blog on February 7th. ( I think I need for someone to tell me how to post to someone else's blog, though). I am looking forward to seeing all the creative ideas everyone comes up with. So with that in mind, it's off to the studio for lots of fun. Grab your coffee cup and join me. Talk soon, ta, ta.

.

1 comment:

mcdc3s said...

This little lady is adorable. She has such attitude and warmth. I can see her as being very endearing.

Look out Mary Englebrite!

What group is doing Year of the Rat?