Saturday, August 23, 2008

The House Bunny

If you liked Revenge of the Nerds (yes, very much thank you) and Legally Blonde (who didn't?) and you love to watch "The Girls Next Door", but never tell anyone...Then you will love The House Bunny. It's got it all. It is extremely funny, all the songs rock, the clothes and shoes are awesome, you even feel sympathy for the main character at the proper times. It may seem a bit formulaic to some, but hey, that's what makes it work. The stereotypes are purposefully extremely exaggerated, making it ok to laugh at the dork and bimbo jokes, as well as at the drooling boys and their jokes.

It's rated PG-13 (deservedly) for language and slight nudity, a few quick sexual references that may go past some of the younger viewers, and lots of "bouncy, bouncy". Hef and The Girls are in it and they all do just fine.

DH had a blast (for more than the obvious reasons) as he and I do so love to root for the underdog and always get a laugh when the bad guy gets it (as they always do in movies such as this). You won't be surprised by any of it, but I like that sometimes. I certainly give it a big thumbs up. 4-1/2 out of 5.

As you know, I stayed in the Art Cave all week and concentrated on learning and experimenting with some polymer clay techniques that I had put on the shelf, so to speak. The book that I got "Making Polymer Clay Beads, by Linda Peterson" is such a motivator. I have wanted to do several of the techniques she shows for years, but couldn't see how they could relate to beads, which is what I do. She really makes them work. If you are into making jewelry and have been thinking about making polymer clay beads, this is the book for you. If you are a beginner, this may not be the best to start with. I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but I am impressed overall with this publication.

Well, that's all for now. I will probably take pictures of my new pieces tomorrow and show them to you soon. Enjoy the rest of your night and take care.

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

Sounds like a good movie..Thanks for the review..Clay makes such beautiful beads, etc..I never realized..Thanks for visiting my blog..