Monday, September 29, 2008

It's Finally Complete...

I know you are all tired of seeing this denim vest, but she is finished and I wanted to show her off. I have worked in segments of 3-4 hours at a time and it only took 5-6 times to finish it. I love to bead while I am watching TV. Sometimes, DH has to jar me back to reality to keep from missing something we are watching. I don't think he minds, though.



I started off with a nicely made denim vest from CJ Banks, I wore it several times as it was, but I felt it needed something to set off the tailored look of it. I started out by adding lace to the yoke, pockets and collar. Then I started to bead one of my "tilty-head" girls on the back, with the plan being to look like a connect the dot picture. Somewhere along the line (possibly to cover up several boo-boos) the design evolved into a fully beaded picture. I sewed on pewter charms on the pockets, collar points and have a parade of jungle animals marching across the back.


On another note...

I am thinking of starting another blog. A weight loss blog. I am 40 pounds overweight, by all standards and I need a tool to help with my accountability. There is a really nice family fitness center being built in our neighborhood and it will be completed in about one year. I know it sounds silly, but I want to be in better shape before I go. So I thought I would consider this venture a year long plan. That way I can lose about one pound a week and meet my goal in time for the Grand Opening.

At, first I had decided to make this a private blog, but that might be a cop out when it comes to accountability. Is anyone interested in joining me in a weigh-in, food, and exercise log (or even just encouragement)? Let me know what you think of this idea.

That's all for now. Take care.

11 comments:

Suzie said...

Thank so much for your kind thoughts during little B's illness it was much appreciated.He's at school today and doing great.

I might be interested in the weight loss blog too

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I LOVE that jacket! What beautiful work!
I'd read your weight loss blog! Maybe it'd inspire me to join in!

suze said...

I really need to lose 40 or 50 pounds myself but it's sooooo hard.

FAQ said...

I love that vest. The blog about your weight. Probably a good idea for accountability. And, I bet you will get so much positive feedback regularly. I should join you as I feel like I shoud lose about 10-15 as well.

FAQ said...

Hey Susan, I just happened to surf onto this ladys blog and thought I would share it with you. She might want to join the bandwagon for your weight loss blog. Shes also a cutie
http://cookiesunshine.blogspot.com/2008/09/no-time-to-weight-tawanda.html

Kim said...

Girlllll who doesn't need to lose a few extra pounds! Count me in!

I love the vest. Even though I do not personally know you (only thru blogland), I can see this vest as a true representation of your style! Good work.

Everwild said...

absolutely gorgeous, Susan. Did you doctor up the front, too?

noodle and lou said...

This is so sweet Susan!
What an awesome project:)
Good luck with your weight loss blog...I think it's a great idea to share with others. Not only will you inspire others...but I'm sure you'll receive lots of inspiration as well:):)
xoxo...jenn

carolyn said...

The vest is amazing. What does the front look like now? I remember you were wondering how to jazz up the front of it.
You are so patient to do all that beading!

Sparkpeople.com is a great site that has tools for weight loss/fitness. You can create your own blog there too as well as track your food intake. I've used it in the past but my problem is that I am not consistent and consistency is key!

mcdc3s said...

xxxx I love that jacket! You rocker you!

I think separate weight loss blogs are cool. It's wonderful to get support from friends.

Who couldn't stand to lose some weight!!!!

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Susan! How are you doing with your weight? Your jacket looks FABULOUS ! Hey, maybe you should start a beaded-things market, you know, pillow, bags, etc... I am sure it would sell. When you have a minute, come over for a visit, I am having a fun Halloween Give-Away! Take care, LuLu