Sunday, October 26, 2008

Close Up But Not Personal

I wasn't sure if a retired wrestling legend would still draw a crowd, but boy, did I find out.

The grand opening of a furniture store would seem a bit low key compared to something like The Great American Bash, but not in our fine town. The fans turned out by the thousands to stand in line for hours to meet Ric Flair and get his autograph. Sweet hubs and I decided at the last minute to go and see what was going on, and there was no way we could stand in this line. It wrapped around the store on both sides, but the shoppers were able to go right in. There were lots of decent prices and a $1000.00 give away each hour. They really didn't have what we are looking forward, but DH was able to wind his way around and take a picture of The Nature Boy.

He still looks very much the same. The store was starting to get noisy, but everyone seemed to be having fun. You could hear many, many versions of Ric's trademark "Wooooo" coming from the long line of fans. Good sense prevailed, and after chatting with a few folks, we left and went to have lunch at our favorite barbecue place.

We weren't too disappointed about not getting an autograph because we have an great concert to attend tonight.


Sierra Hull and Highway 111. She is the child prodigy of bluegrass and at only seventeen has already made a serious mark in the music world. Grab your jacket and come with us to tonight's event, I know it will be spectacular.

One last thing, here are a couple of faux glass slides that I did Friday night. They are actually plastic dividers for one of my storage containers and they looked so much like slides, that I couldn't resist a little "glass painting". Hope you like them.


That's all for today, I'll be back soon. Take care, enjoy your Sunday and try to do something fun and creative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blonde on the slide. Cute! Have a great time at the concert!

Sandy Mastroni said...

Hi Susan ! Thanks for visiting me
I looked at your other blog too .
I laughed so hard at the Feed bag
video .....
I'm in the exact place as you are
You have inspired me to eat and think differently ..... it is much harder at this age !
thank you Susan !

Suzie said...

I love the slides and old WWF stars

Tricia said...

hi susan! our homeschool group just saw sierra hull this morning and she was awesome! i bet you had a wonderful time!

carolyn said...

WOW! Ric Flair! What a blast from the past! I saw him wrestle at a locl high school in the 80s!