Saturday, December 6, 2008

Help, I need ideas

I am fresh out of ideas. I don't know what to draw, to make, to knit...I'm just at a point where I don't know what to do next. I keep thinking rubber stamps, but I am not much of a stamper. I wish I were. The thing that brought me to our little art group was a meeting about rubber stamps.


I bought these cute holiday stamps in hopes of learning how to use some images other than my own. The artist that gave us our instructions that day was great, I enjoyed the meeting and looked forward to her doing another demo. Unfortunately she never came back. After having done a demo myself now, I realize how stressful it is and how you never think you did a good job. Ahh, I digress. Anyway here are my stamps, I need some ideas. They can be really artsy or just common knowledge stuff from the stamp artists out there. The stamps are all (except that Merry Christmas one) on one inch sized blocks.

I'm willing to step outside my comfort zone and do something I normally don't do. I just need that push. Come on and give me some ideas. You know so much more about this than I do. I need help.

That's it for now. Have a great day and stay warm and happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well....how about using them for holiday tags? You could use the embossing liquid on them....or you could use them to make a very tiny book, with even more tiny illustrations?
How about using a variety of incredibly metallic inks and making decorations for your tree....or better yet, use some very soft metal sheets and emboss them with each stamp!
Thats all I got! :))

Pocket Full of Prettys said...

I love stamps, but hate the mess. I like the ideas that Jean left for you. Another idea is maybe to make some special Christmas cards for friends & family. Hugs***Renea