Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

Greetings, all. We got back home Thursday night and I have been spending my time, recovering from it all. DH picked up a bit of a bug on the way home and has been winding down with chicken noodle soup and Nyquil capsules. We hadn't planned on giving out candy this year, so it will be a quiet night here on the hill.

We had a nice time, doing some things that we hadn't done before and revisiting some of our favorite sites.

We started off at Tuna Harbor, taking part in the kickoff of the Tea Party Express.

Check out the giant sculpture in this shot, it is so cool.

Got settled in and had an early dinner with my sister. After winding down and getting used to being on the eleventh floor of the hotel, DH and I walked to the Ralph's supermarket about three blocks from the resort and carried tons of stuff back, using our wheeled suitcase as a shopping cart, while carrying the rest. We were staying in a room with a kitchen and had to have water, milk, coffee, fruit, peanuts, snacks...you get the picture. After we got everything put away, we sat back and enjoyed the view.



Monday morning after sending me on my way for retail therapy, DH went to take the tour on the USS Midway. I declined that little bit of sight seeing (it's a lot of climbing ladders and that's just not my thing), but he had a great time. He took a ton of pictures, but I love this one.



Tuesday we did the Historic Trolley Tour of San Diego and then went to the zoo. While the weather had been quite clear and very warm so far, we were really surprised to find the sky overcast, the temperature dropped and the wind gusting like crazy. Fortunately, we both brought hoodies and put them to good use. I usually don't ride anything that isn't on the ground, but for some reason I let DH talk me into riding the Skyfari aerial tram at the zoo. I did not like it much, but once you are in the thing, it's pretty much a done deal.



We finished up our trip by watching the sunset over the ocean, in once again, hurricane force winds.

Here I am...


..and here we are. I love the reflection of the sunset in my glasses.
The tower behind us in this shot, is where we stayed.

I took hundreds of pictures that I will be posting on my Flicker account as the days progress, so I won't torment you with those here. I did want to say that I'm so glad to be back. I always appreciate home so much when I return. I love my sister and only get to see her once a year, so this visit is often bitter sweet.

Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone had a great week and I also hope you are planning a safe and Happy Halloween. Be careful and don't get your windows soaped or your trees TP'd.

We'll talk soon.

11 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a ride, Susan. It looks like ya'll had a wonderful trip. I too just get to see my sis once a year, I know the time spent is precious.

Have a fun filled Halloween and I hope your bag is full and the candy is quality chocolate!!!

Tina said...

Looks like a great trip and love the pics of windy you and the one of you and your hubby.

Enjoy your Halloween evening.
T

p.s. hope hubby is on the mend.

vivian said...

Hey susan, glad you had a good time! love the last pic of you! Nice that you got to visit family. Hope your hubby is feeling better and that you enjoy your day today!
hugs
vivian

Sea Gypsy said...

Welcome back! I am glad you had a good time! It does look like it was a little windy, but that can be refreshing! Great pics!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

You were able to hook up with the Tea Party Express?? Cool!! What was that sculpture made of?? Sorry to hear your hubs was under the weather. Hope he's better now. :> )
Great pics! You both are adorable!
You're a better woman than I. I would have never gone on that Skyfari aerial tram. YIKES!!!
Glad you are both home safe and sound. :> )
~Peanut

Marie S said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time in San Diego. I wish the weather would have held out for you. I read the other blog first and laughed heartily and the amount of food consumed on vacations. That is the part I like the most!! LOL!! Seeing your sister is good though!
My family is on your side of the country and it is so very hard for me sometimes. Always so glad to get home though.
It is so dry right now I can see the arc when I touch things.
Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound and thanks so much for popping by and commenting.

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Susan! I am so glad to hear from you! I keep visiting your blog regularly but never seem to find the time to stop long enough to leave a comment. Ya know, slow speed connection in the country side? What a wonderful trip this much have been and what a beautiful couple you and DH make! Thanks for stopping by and please come and visit more often! Hugs, LuLu xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! The two of you are adorable. You sound like with ladders. I'm not afraid of heights but there's something about climbing up and down ladders that freaks me out. I guess I don't feel safe because they are open. Anyway, looking forward to seeing more pics. Take care and hope your hubs is feeling better.

Tricia said...

looks like a great trip! it made me think of when kelly and i were in san diego...i didn't get to make it to the zoo. i would love to go back to sitesee a bit.
looking forward to seeing what you are working on these days.
hugs,

Artgalcrafts said...

Hi Susan even if a bit belated.Love this photo of you. Love
EXXX

Artgalcrafts said...

Hi Susan even if a bit belated.Love this photo of you. Love
EXXX