Sunday, October 24, 2010

Evrything about this is "wrong"

I used the wrong brushes, and the wrong paints, but following along with Terry Harrison  on Artist's Network TV, I came up with a reasonable copy of his tutorial.



This painting was done using liquid acrylics instead of heavy bodied paints, I used regular sized brushes instead of big brushes and my canvas, an 8 x 10, is a bit smaller than I'm used to.  Actually, I'm quite happy with it and am now off to my art table to work on another one.  As long as I'm having fun, that's all that matters.

So don't forget... stay happy, healthy and creative!

5 comments:

Richardson said...

Hi Susan,
Your painting of the river valley is wonderful! I love painting too! Come have a visit to my blogsite sometime.
Bye,
Richardson.

Peri said...

Wow! You are becoming quite the adventuous artist!! I think this piece is very nice and actually I like the differences. It just goes to show that the tutorials are a great jumping off place and now you have done a really pleasant acrylic. I happen to like the liquid acrylics...love the flow over the heavy body for impasto work. Nice job! Keep it up.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh baby, nothin' "wrong" with this beautiful painting. I just love the brush strokes and blend of rich colors used in this valley scene. "Just makes me want to go dip my tootsies in and listen to the water ripple. Super job...ya never disappoint girl.

Have a fun and wonderfully blessed day playin' with your creativity!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful!

Artgalcrafts said...

Hi Susan
Love your painting and now after seeing where it is coming from can see why you are so taken with this painting. Never thought of the video lessons. I have a dear friend who would love this idea, so am going to let her know about it.
Thanks for showing us how and where.
My friend is in Veitnam at the moment and I cant wait to tell her so am emailing her,and altho she probably wont be able to do this until she settles down at home again, I cant wait to tell her about it thru you.
So there you are, your paitning has made a difference, almost makes me want to start watercols aain. I had a few lessons once, but like most of what I do its just a smatttering.
Full marks to you for going all the way.
Big loves to you
Elizabeth
XXX