Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sea Scape Progression

As some of you may remember, one of the reasons I went to visit my sister was to paint.  Here is a pictorial progression of my seascape.  The reference photo that I used was from the Wet Canvas website.  I am having so much fun using Pan Pastels that my other pastels are crying.  Don't worry little stick buddies, I'll get back to you soon.

Phase 1- I work from back to front...



Phase 1 A - This shows me applying the pastel with a sponge


Phase 2 shows the progress


Finished painting




We had a great time painting, and while I still have some great vacation pictures, I thought I would toss in some art.  I am going to work on another seascape today, from a photo that I took at Carlsbad Beach.

It is rainy here today and while I like rainy days, it is a bit more difficult to become motivated.  We'll see how things go.

I did sign up for a second set of swimming lessons and am currently practicing kicking with my legs and not just my feet.  Whew, playing in the pool is fun, but practicing technique is hard work.  Well, you know what they say about practice.

I guess that's it for today.  I hope you enjoy the photos of my progress on this beach scene.  Tune in later for another one.  Take care and enjoy today.


9 comments:

Peri said...

I think the picture is really nice. It is a bit hard to tell what is in the foreground, but that is probably just the photo..I know it is foam and white water. I am eager to see the Carlsbad picture! It is not rainy where I am but gray and hard to get motivated, so I can relate! Keep painting!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Just beautiful Susan!!! The colors are fantastic. Sounds like you're turning into a mermaid. Keep up the great work!! ♥
~Peanut

Bobbie said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, bobbi & gracie

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh this is great Susan. I just love the way the water is splashin' up against the rocks...I can almost smell the fresh sea air! Great job once again. You are a talent sister.

God bless and enjoy this beautiful 'fall' day sweetie!!!

Jenny Stevning said...

How fun to watch the progression. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Looking good lady! Pretty colors!

vivian said...

Love your painting!! so pretty, you did a wonderful job on it susan! looking forward to the next one!
hugs
vivian

Tina said...

You are sooooo gifted. I've always wanted to paint a seascape and can't wrap my mind around the water. Wow, you've done it.
Blessings
T

Sweet Tea said...

I love seeing the process and look forward to seeing the finished picture. I can't paint but I love to watch other people. Voyarism? LOL