Sunday, July 1, 2012

What a Peachy Keene idea!

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, right?  Well, when life melts all your Popsicles, you adapt also. I have been meaning to try this idea, but I thought it was too simple to work.  Too good to be true, that sort of thing.  For once, and mark your calendars, folks...I was wrong. Yep, you heard it here first. I was wrong. This is the best idea that I have seen in a long time.

Freeze the peaches (in the can-unopened), I used the kind canned in their own juice. When completely frozen, remove them from the freezer and run the can under some hot water for about 30 seconds (still unopened).  Then remove both ends of the can (one end of mine was a pull tab and the other end required my hand opener) push frozen peaches into either a blender container or bowl suitable for mixing with a stick mixer.  Pulse blend the peaches until they start to look like this...  I was astounded.  Not only that  it worked so easily, but at how delicious they are.

I did place the mixture back in the freezer (after several tastes) and am now getting ready to sit down in front of the fan (the storm cooked our air conditioning unit), eat yummy peach sorbet and catch up on my shows.

So remember when life gives you lemons, oops...peaches, make sorbet.


3 comments:

Susan said...

What? No comments? How can this be?

Peri said...

I will have to try this! Will let you know....

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oh yum!!! I have some cans squirreled away but I just might have to try this!
In case I don't get back over here... Happy Independence Day to my fellow patriots!! ♥