Thursday, November 10, 2016

Time marches on...





Well, the election is over and it was one of those situations where I really wasn't happy with either party's nominees, but I voted and I voted my conscience.  Now I will wait and see what the next four years have in store for us, as a country.

I am stunned by the reactions of the supporters of the losing side. They have acted like idiots.  I think the difference is that when the Republicans didn't win either of the last two elections, the losing side couldn't protest or make their displeasure known for fear of being labeled racists because of Obama being mixed race. Sure some folks acted up, but not like this...

I do wonder if either Ben Carson or Allen West, both black politicians, had been the nominee and winner for the Republicans instead of Trump, would the losers have protested as violently? Would they have been labeled racists if they did.

I fear we will never know.

Happy November. Enjoy yourself. Get ready for winter. Carry on.

2 comments:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Good post, Peachy. ♥

Peri said...

I think the protests have more to do with people having been stirred up against the winner of the political contest by all the hateful things said about that person in an effort to garner votes for the opposition. Whether it was bad reporting-inuendo rather than researched information-or people who wanted either their party of choice or merely a gender difference to be in charge in the Executive Mansion, the reporting and comments made were unfriendly in the extreme on each side. So now that they are forced to deal with the candidate who did not win the popular vote but took sufficient states to win the election, they are angered.
As for the query about Mr. Carson and Mr. West, the answer is "most likely" to both questions.