Saturday, December 15, 2007

Revisiting the past

I have never been one to dwell on the past. In fact, one might say I almost avoid thinking about my own past and certainly don't remember large blocks of my early childhood. Maybe that is why finding all these old pictures is having more of an effect on me than I planned on. Those "vintage" photos, meaning anything that I don't remember, don't seem to bother me much...but when my darling, handsome husband found another box of photos in my Grandma's attic yesterday, well several of them really got to me.

I was all ready to sit right down here and blog about my childhood and the things that happened or didn't happen to me and be all mad and resentful. Blessedly, though, I have a sound mind and after meditating and thanking God for all I do have, I got past that.

So, Onward! !! Here is a shot of a scrapbook that I started in 1963, and didn't finish. My thought now, (instead of berating myself for never finishing anything) is what to do with it? Do I finish it or do I stick in a box and put it away? There will be lots of questions like this in the coming months and I really would like input from someone. I am finding so many neat things and I know you chicks and dudes in blog land will have great ideas.




















Here is a beautiful painting that my sister did in the 90's from a Christmas Card. I scarfed it up when I found it and have it in my hall. Hope you love it as much as I do.

Well, Let's get ready for our Altered Art meeting at the library. We are doing board books today with the theme of "A Crazy, Sexy Christmas"

I think Marnie, is scared of what we are going to come up with, but I think it will be a hoot. Wish us luck and lots of fun- cutting, pasting and sparkling our day through a new way of looking at the holidays.

We'll talk soon and hopefully will have pictures of board books later.

No comments: