Thursday, July 10, 2008

Makeup review.

Hello, just one quick post here. Everything turned out ok with the computer, after all. We were able to fix it at a reasonable cost, so that' s really good.

The reason for this post is to give my review on my new makeup. Since December, I have been wearing mineral makeup and was out of my Bare Minerals and ready to try something else. A version by Maybelline was useless, it felt like it had sand in it and it didn't work for me at all.

I decided to go to Merle Norman, and see what was new and I am so glad that I did. Their mineral line is wonderful. I am really happy with it. The foundation is priced the same as Bare Minerals but the size is 14 grams versus 2 grams. Yes, I said 14 vs 2. Their primer was twice as large as Bare Minerals for about the same cost. Of course, I already had the brushes needed for this type makeup, so I saved some money there.

I have always been crazy about makeup and the passage of time certainly hasn't changed that. I just have to be more conscious of how I apply my products now. Less is best for me at this stage in the game, which I am not used to. Also included with my purchases, was a freebie that has a wonderful eye shadow called Crystal Eyes, in the color Gilty Pleasure. It is a glimmery shade that gives lots of reflection but does not look like glitter or the frosted eye shadows of days gone by. I like it.

So my advice is this. Don't waste your money on drug store versions of mineral makeup. Go to Merle Norman if you can. You get more for your money and the quality of the product equals or exceeds Bare Minerals. I think you will be glad you did.

4 comments:

Suzie said...

I live on make up samples. Although I never consistantly wear anything it doesnt really matter as they all seem to sweat off before I ever leave the house.

Kims Art said...

I am so glad you posted this. I use the same make-up and was getting ready to try over the counter, but I will try to find a MN. Good info!

mcdc3s said...

I would love to see you in your new make up. I love hearing what works and what doesn't... and know exactly what you mean by this stage of the game. I loved Merle Norman makeup when I used it in the past. It was fantastic. Used to actually know a lady who owned a franchise. The store closed in the mall when they raised the rent prices... and I haven't seen or heard of her for a long time. I forgot all about Merle Norman. I'll have to see if there is another around in another mall. Glad it works for you!

carolyn said...

I loved the way Bare Minerals looked when I tried it but it made me break-out on my forehead like a teenager so I had to return it. I now wear the mineral makeup by L'Oreal...not my fave but better than liquid foundation..especially in this weather. I'll have to check out Merle Norman now. Thanks for the tip!